So, you’re wondering how to setup email on Namecheap?
Because in this article, I’ll be guiding you step by step:
- How to buy a domain email through Namecheap
- The SMTP server configuration settings (using SMTP in a contact form)
- How to access your Namecheap Private Email login
- And much more
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Purchasing a Professional Domain Email with Namecheap
Here are the steps to get your email address with Namecheap.
Step 1: Choose a Namecheap email plan
There are three plans to choose from:
- Starter – 1 mailbox
- Pro – 3 mailboxes
- Ultimate – 5 mailboxes
Click here to see their current pricing. They sometimes offer discounts for the first year.
You can also add more mailboxes to each plan by clicking the plus icon:
Step 2: Choose your domain name
On the next page, you’ll get three options:
- Purchase a new domain
- Use a domain I own with Namecheap
- Use a domain I own from another registrar
If you already have a domain name with Namecheap, click the button ‘Use a domain I own with Namecheap’ and log into your account.
If you don’t have a domain yet, you’ll need to purchase one and come back to this step after.
The third option lets you use a domain name with a different registrar. I’ll go into those steps in a different post.
Once you’ve logged in, you see a list of your domains and a search field.
If you don’t see your domain, search for it and click ‘Select’, then the Continue button:
Step 3: Adjust the number of mailboxes and proceed to checkout
From the next screen, you can change the mailbox quantity. Choose the number of mailboxes you need (the price will be shown) and click the ‘Add to Cart’ button:
Choose how many years you would like to register the email address for and click on ‘Confirm Order’:
On the next page, fill out your card details, check the terms and conditions box, and click ‘Pay Now’:
Follow along with this YouTube tutorial. The up to date version is coming soon:
How to setup your Namecheap Private Email Mailbox
Continuing on from the last section, the next step is to create your mailboxes.
Step 4: Create your mailboxes
On the order confirmation page, click on ‘Create Mailboxes’:
You can also get to the next screen from the domain name dashboard:
Then, from the email dashboard, click ‘Add Mailbox’:
You’ll see a popup box where you’ll need to add a mailbox name and password:
The mailbox name can be anything you like. Common names are:
- Your first name
Also choose the amount of storage you want to allocate and click ‘Save Changes’.
How to Access Namecheap Private Email Login
Now that you purchased your email address and created the mailbox, you can now login to your account and start sending emails.
Step 5: Login to your PrivateEmail mailbox
To access your email account, go to PrivateEmail.com and enter your email address and password. These are the details you used when creating the mailbox:
Here’s what your PrivateEmail webmail client looks like:
You can now start sending and receiving emails from your domain email address.
Namecheap Private Email SMTP Settings
The SMTP settings can be found on the Namecheap website and I’ve also added them below:
Username: your email address
Password: password for this email account
Incoming/outgoing servers name: mail.privateemail.com
Incoming server type: IMAP or POP3
Incoming server (IMAP): 993 port for SSL, 143 for TLS/STARTTLS
Incoming server (POP3): 995 port for SSL
Outgoing server (SMTP): 465 port for SSL, 587 for TLS/STARTTLS
Outgoing server authentication should be switched on, SPA (secure password authentication) must be disabled.
You can use these SMTP settings for other email clients such as Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird or a mobile app for Android and iOS.
Namecheap Private Email Pricing
Pricing for PrivateEmail from Namecheap starts at around $15 per year for 1 mailbox.
However, if this is your first year, Namecheap sometimes have an offer running. For example, the offer above saves you $3.
You can also sign up for a free 2-month trial if you want to test out the service.
Click here to see the current pricing.
Why Do You Need a Business Email Address?
The main benefit for getting a business domain email address is for professionalism.
Here are a few more reasons why you might want to use a branded email address:
- Professionalism: A business email address reflects your professionalism. It creates a positive and professional impression on your customers.
- Trust: Customers are more likely to trust a business email address than a generic or personal one.
- Brand Awareness: A business email address often includes the name of your company which increases brand awareness.
- Control: With a business email address, you have better control over your emails. You can create and manage email accounts for different areas of your business.
- Security: Business email providers typically offer more robust security features than free email services.
- Features: Business email addresses typically come with added features like shared calendars, meeting scheduling tools, and more extensive storage.
- Separation of Personal and Business: A separate business email allows you to segregate your personal and professional communications.
- Compliance: In some industries, using a business email is part of compliance rules, to keep professional and personal communications separate.
- Customization: You can customize your business email addresses to match job functions such as support@/info@/sales@ yourbusiness.com.
- Ownership: If an employee leaves, the email account remains with the business. You can also monitor or archive employee emails if needed for legal reasons.
Setting up a business email address with the Namecheap private email service and configuring SMTP with your website is a straightforward process. By following these steps, you can have a professional email address for your business and ensure that your website contact form emails are reliably delivered to your inbox.